There are a lot of different ways to set your goals, but one of the best ways to do so is to follow the SMART method of setting your goals. SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely. Here’s a breakdown of how that all works.
- Specific. Vague goals like “get more business” don’t help companies pinpoint their objective and create measures of success. Goals must nail down exactly what is expected of the initiative.
- Measurable. Being able to definitively answer “yes, we hit the goal” or “we missed the goal by 20%” is a good goal standard.
- Attainable. Out of reach goals are demoralizing and frustrating. Having to stretch to hit a goal is productive, but don’t go overboard with expectations.
- Relevant. A social media marketing goal needs to tie into marketing’s overall goal. Is it to build an audience? Increase website traffic? Strengthen branding? Make sure the goal relates to the bigger picture.
- Timely. Dates and times keep companies accountable to their goals. Stay on track by breaking up a large project like this into mini-goals that each has their own deadline.
If you need help from an advertising agency in Arkansas, you’ve come to the right place. We do everything from ghost blogging to marketing consulting, and everything in between. Contact us today to get more information about our services and how we can help you get started with your online marketing campaign.